Wear and Care
The proper way to put on a wig is by grasping it in front and rolling it back over your head. There are tabs on both sides of your wig -- these tabs should be pulled toward the front of your ears. Now, just slide the front of the wig back to line up with your own hairline. It should fit securely but not be so tight that it's uncomfortable.
Some ladies prefer wearing a soft, snug nylon cap or cotton covering under their wig (personal preference) to protect your scalp, control your hair and keep your wig from slipping.
Your wig may need to be refitted after you loose your hair. Most wigs have adjustable straps at the back to change the size.
- When you take your wig off, store it on a Styrofoam, wood or cloth-covered head form.
- Smooth out the hair with a comb.
- Pin short styles to set curls; roll or twist longer styles and secure with pins.
- Lightly spray with synthetic wig spray.
- Store away from heat, dust and humidity.
Washing and Setting
- Brush wig starting at ends and working up the scalp with a rubber-tipped wig brush.
- Submerge wig in a bowl or sink of cool water and synthetic wig shampoo, swishing gently.
- Soak for five minutes.
- Rinse in cool water.
- Gently squeeze out water - do not ring or twist.
- Blot dry with a towel.
- Spray wig with conditioner for synthetic wigs. Run your hands through wig so that conditioner is evenly distributed. Place wig on open air wig stand to dry.
- Allow to dry completely.
- After wig is completely dry, gently brush from ends to scalp with wig brush.